Webinar: Developing Comprehensive and Equitable School Safety Programs that Consider the Whole Child, Whole School, and Whole Community
The U.S. Department of Education, Office of
Elementary and Secondary Education, Office of
Safe and Supportive Schools and its Readiness
and Emergency Management for Schools (REMS)
Technical Assistance (TA) Center will host a
Webinar on Wednesday, November 16, 2022, from
12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. ET. This Webinar
will highlight comprehensive approaches to
school safety and emergency operations plan
(EOP) development that include physical and
psychological safety and well-being that
are rooted in equitable approaches.
The objectives of this 60-minute Webinar are to
- Reinforce the significance of creating plans that consider the needs of the whole school community and that represent an equitable approach to emergency preparedness.
- Describe the concept of the Whole Child, Whole School, and Whole Community and the role that it can play in enhancing school safety, security, emergency management, and preparedness efforts.
- Share state-based approaches used by education agencies and their community partners to enhance emergency preparedness planning using the Whole Child, Whole School, and Whole Community model.
Register on the REMS TA Center Website to participate in the Webinar
Ohio Department of Education, Office of Whole Child Supports
- Jennifer Vargo, Director of the Office of Integrated Student Supports
Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction
- Bobbie Boyer, Deputy Director for Prevention Services
Ohio Department of Public Safety
- Emily Torok, Executive Director, Ohio School Safety Center
Center to Improve Social and Emotional Learning and School Safety
- Shaun Ali, Senior Justice Technical Assistance Specialist
REMS TA Center
- Janelle Hughes, Project Director
You are invited to participate in a Twitter Chat immediately following the Webinar, where presenters will continue to answer your questions. No Twitter account is necessary to view questions, but an account is needed to pose questions and engage in tweets. Follow @remstacenter and tune in at 1:30 p.m. ET on November 16.
Contact the REMS TA Center Help Desk at 1-855-781-REMS  or email@example.com from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday. Can’t make the live event? This Webinar will be archived on the REMS TA Center’s Website within 7 business days.