Stewards are important because they help ensure that key messages are carried to the audiences that need them the most. The U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Safe and Supportive Schools and its REMS TA Center would like to thank you for serving as our steward. We appreciate your participation in our collaborative efforts and the ways that you have contributed to our goal of increasing school safety by spreading the word about the free resources, tools, training, and technical assistance (TA) services that we offer to schools, school districts, institutions of higher education (IHEs), and their community partners. We are pleased to share a NEW video that we have created for use by our stewards and partners in the field. Click play to view!
DOWNLOAD AND SHARE
Find details below on how to use and share this video to support your local, regional, state, and Federal school and campus emergency preparedness events and initiatives.
- Live Events: Play this video during live events to share details about how the REMS TA Center serves schools, school districts, IHEs, and their community partners (safety, security, emergency management, and preparedness).
- Virtual Events: Embed this video into select areas of your virtual meeting, Webinar, and virtual conference agendas and presentations to share information about our services, tools, training, and TA in an engaging vs. static format.
- Social Media: Share this video with the whole school and campus community via your social media channels.
- Website: Embed this video into portions of your local, regional, state, and Federal Websites that provide links and references to the REMS TA Center.
Need support with integrating our video into your live and virtual engagement platforms? Visit our Creative Materials page to access instructions on how to download and use the video. You are welcome to contact us for support via email (email@example.com) or phone (1-855-781-REMS ) for support as well!
Access Additional REMS TA Center Creative Materials
Along with our new video, the REMS TA Center offers Web badges and email signature banners for use by our Federal partners, organizations, schools, school districts, IHEs, and state education agencies. Please download the badges and banners — which are available in different sizes — and link them back to the REMS TA Center Website. Banners and badges are available for the following resources, tools, and safety campaigns:
- #MyPreparednessPromise Campaign. Download or print these signs so that you can write your preparedness promise in the blank space provided. Once you do so, share a picture of your completed banner or a selfie of yourself holding the banner. Tag @remstacenter and add the #MyPreparednessPromise hashtag when you add your post via Twitter. Send a copy of your promise to firstname.lastname@example.org under the subject line #MyPreparednessPromise.
- Community of Practice (CoP). Encourage your planning team, peer-to-peer network, and/or colleagues to join the CoP, a virtual community for everyone impacted by the fields of school and higher ed safety and emergency preparedness.
- EOP Interactive Tools. Are you one of our interactive tool users? Share our interactive emergency operations planning tools with your colleagues, planning teams, and community partners using the banners and badges available.
- Guides for Developing Emergency Operations Plans for Schools and Institutions of Higher Education. Spread the word about these guidance documents available from the Federal government to support emergency operations plan development for K-12 schools, school districts, and IHEs.
- A Training Guide for Administrators and Educators on Addressing Adult Sexual Misconduct (ASM) in the School Setting. Access this guide to learn how efforts to address ASM are strengthened by policies and procedures that describe appropriate, allowable behaviors; identify inappropriate and illegal actions; and outline methods for addressing allegations of ASM in schools.
To download the badges and banners, right click on the images and then select Save Picture As. This will allow you to save the badge or banner to your computer and to insert it onto your Website and/or email signature. To link the badge or banner back to the REMS TA Center Website, use the hyperlink function available via your Website management and/or email management system and use https://rems.ed.gov. When you do link to the REMS TA Center Website, please send an email to email@example.com to let us know.