Webinar: School EOP Planning 101: Creating High-Quality School Emergency Operations Plans That Address All Threats, Hazards, Settings, and Times
On Friday, February 26, 2021, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. ET, the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Elementary and Secondary Education, Office of Safe and Supportive Schools (OSSS) and its Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools (REMS) Technical Assistance (TA) Center will host a Webinar to highlight strategies that K-12 education agencies can use, in collaboration with their team of multidisciplinary community partners, to create high-quality school emergency operations plans (EOPs) that integrate planning around all threats and hazards and all settings and times. Find objectives for the 60-minute Webinar below.
- Share recommendations from Federal partners specific to creating, revising, and enhancing school EOPs using a continual process.
- Explore considerations around planning for all types of hazards and threats and with all education settings and times in mind.
- Provide details of the LATEST resources and tools available from the REMS TA Center to support schools, with their team of multidisciplinary community partners, with school EOP development.
This event will also feature a dedicated question-and-answer session, during which presenters will field questions from participants.
Register on the REMS TA Center Website to participate in the Webinar.
Madeline Sullivan, Management and Program Analyst, U.S. Department of Education, OSSS; Janelle Hughes, Project Director, REMS TA Center; Alison Curtis, Director of Information and Product Development, REMS TA Center
Join Us for a Live Twitter Chat Following the Event!
The Webinar will be followed by a live Twitter Chat from 3:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. ET.
- Already on Twitter? Follow the REMS TA Center via @remstacenter.
- Have Twitter Chat questions to send us now? Email email@example.com and use the subject line February Webinar: Questions for Twitter Chat, and we will keep them on standby for the Twitter Chat. You can also send us Twitter Chat questions in advance by tagging @remstacenter on Twitter and using the hashtag #ChatWithREMS.
Questions About the Event?
Contact the REMS TA Center Help Desk at 1-855-781-REMS  or firstname.lastname@example.org between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday.
Can’t make the live event? This Webinar will be archived on the REMS TA Center Website within 7 business days. While the live Webinar offers the opportunity to respond to individual and unique questions from stakeholders and practitioners, the archived Webinar serves as a resource to help schools and school districts modify drills and exercises to implement and practice their EOPs during the pandemic while protecting the whole school community.